I’ve been watching anime most of my life, I love it, it’s fun, the stories are great and it has an amazing community of people who have the same passion as I do. However, because of all of these lovely things, various opinions get heated and some of the things I believe are considered to be quite controversial and unpopular.
So here’s a list of my unpopular anime opinions:
- I tried watching Naruto and got very bored, it isn’t the best.
- Full Metal Alchemist 2003 version is amazing and it doesn’t get enough credit!
- Akame Ga Kill is overrated, it’s not special and none of the character deaths were sad.
- Not all fillers are bad, some are even enjoyable (as long as it’s not too long).
- Serial Experiments Lain isn’t very good, it’s just pretentious for the sake of being pretentious.
- Guilty Crown is a sad copy cat of Code Geass.
- It’s possible to like an anime, and recognise it’s complete trash, like Seven Deadly Sins – it’s not the best, but it’s a fun ride.
- Baccano is better than Durarara.
- Most female characters in anime are shit, even the popular faves because they were drawn to be a male fantasy.
- Tsundere’s are a lazy character trope.
- If you need to read the manga to understand the anime, then the anime is shit.
- Manga’s aren’t always better than the anime.
- Most Mecha’s are shit.
- Tokyo Ghoul season 2+ is horse shit.
- Fanservice ruins most anime, and the rest weren’t interesting to begin with.