Self-care is one of those things we cannot skip on, whether you suffer from mental health or not. Life can get overwhelming whether you’re in school or working, so it’s important to make your sure mind is getting the same attention as your body when it comes to your health.
Here are some small self-care tips to help you along the way:
- Re-organise your living space!
- Take deep breaths. 4 seconds in, 8 seconds out, it’s important that you exhale longer than your breath in as this will lower your heart rate.
- Bubble baths!
- Take some time and just focus on skin care, hair care and exfoliation, I don’t know why it helps, but it helps.
- Think of five things you’re grateful for.
- Listen to your favourite song and have a mini dance party.
- Use positive affirmations eg. “I am worthy of love”, “I am important”, “I deserve to be happy”.
- Spend time with positive people.
- Hydrate! When you’re dehydrated you’re more likely to be sluggish and feel down.
- Do some light exercises or go for a walk.
- Detox from technology.
- Have some ‘me’ time.
- Say no to plans that are making you feel anxious.
- Try something new that you’ve always wanted to try.
- Do some meditation or yoga.
- Do something that makes you happy.
- Write down your thoughts.
- Take yourself out on a date.
- Delete all the negative things and people from your social media.
- Do the thing you’ve been putting off doing for ages, it’ll make you feel so much lighter.
All images are taken from Unsplash