Working in an office may seem like a structured and very professional atmosphere for those who haven’t experienced it, but in all honesty, it’s like a playground for big children. As a result of this working environment, there’s a lot of weird unspoken rules that people enforce and pass over without realising.
- When there’s free food/goodies it’s a massive free for all, so you better be prepared to run, or speed walk to get some.
- Openly judge those who ‘reply to all’ when there’s no need.
- Don’t be that person who steals other peoples food – the mass email from the poor soul trying to find the food thief isn’t worth the hassle.
- Some foods are not ok to eat at your desk – if they stink, be aware someone is hating on you for it.
- Everyone is aware of how messy or organised your desk is. If you’re a clutter bug, you’re definitely being talked about.
- If you’re taking a call, it’s best to go out of the immediate office area.
- Don’t be that person who comes in when you’re contagious – go home and rest. Patient zero is always the reason everyone else ends up ill.
Images are from Unsplash