Adulting can get very busy and from my experience, whether it’s working a 9-5 or working 12+ hours on your feet, you need ways to wind down after a long day. I don’t care if you don’t think you have the time to do it, if you skip on winding down properly you will go crazy.. or run on fumes most of the time.
So here’s a throwback to the list post’s I did at the beginning of this blog everyday challenge, and here’s my favourite ways to wind down after a long day of adulting.
- Have a hot bath
- Watch your favourite show/movie
- Listen to music that makes you happy or some that makes you feel calm
- Write something – poetry, stories, rants, every little helps
- Do some extra steps in your skin care, my personal favourites include face masks.
- Take some time to disconnect from technology and just engage in some ‘me’ time
- If you have time, have a nap. Sometimes they help.
- Speak to a friend/family member you haven’t spoken to in a while
- Do nothing for a while
- Cleaning – this one’s very isolated to people who have my personality type, but cleaning helps me a lot
- Sing out loud
- Go outside