You may or may not know but I spend a lot of my spare time watching skin care routines, and also watching professionals react to them. They’re weirdly addictive and honestly I can’t stop watching them. I love learning more about skin care and how different ingredients effect the skin in a variety of ways, but through watching a lot of these videos I’ve realised that I have a few pet peeves. Again, I’m not a professional, just a nit picker.
So here’s a complete list of my pet peeves:
- Forgetting to apply product to your neck – your neck needs love too. Whats the point in having a 10 step skin care routine if you’re going to avoid your neck?!
- Not removing makeup properly – the second I notice that the person still has makeup on, I can’t un see it and honestly it becomes a horror show in my eyes.
- When people use scrubs, scrubs and more scrubs – I love a good scrub, but it’s not an ‘everyday’ product.
- PUTTING SCRUBS ON YOUR UNDER EYE AREA – you know who I’m referencing and yes, I wanted to melt inside watching it.
- Using oils before creams – Look, oils are great, but they seal products in. If you use it before creams, the creams can’t penetrate your skin, so there’s no point. Oils are the thickest, so make them your last step.
- When rich people use loads of their expensive product – I cry every broke tear watching this happen.
- People using sheet masks as a last step, what fiery pit of hell are you from? I used to make this mistake and I learnt, but if you’re someone trying to teach me a thing or two – STOP IT.
- Those same people then washing their face after using the sheet mask over their layers of products – why use all of these products and then wash it off?
- People recommending creams and serums that are super expensive like it’s worth the money – it rarely is, keep your la mer to yourself!
- Lastly, when people get the clarisonic face thing and say they use it everyday. STOP! Your skin is crying, honestly, it’s not an everyday product.