Hello everyone, by now you might have gathered that I write a lot about self care – the importance of it, how I practice it and generally just why it’s so important. Life can get busy and really hectic and becuase this week has been busy with a new job and it’s my best friends birthday, I’m just writing a post to remind everyone to check in on your mental health.
It’s super important and honestly my top adulting tip would be to never skip on your mental health and really incorporate self care into your everyday life.
Here’s a few questions I ask myself during the ‘check-in’ stage (usually focusing on the whole month or week depending on how I’m feeling):
- How are you feeling in general? (This is more to see if I’m actually feeling anything, if I feel numb I usually go straight into self care mode and ignore everything else)
- What was your greatest acheivement?
- Are you making time for yourself?
- Is anything upsetting you?
- Are there any personal goals you need to hit?
- When was the last time you pampered yourself?
- Are you feeling more run down then usual?
What you use to check-in can vary between person to person, but as long as you’re making sure that your mental health is being focused on, then you’re doing great! 🙂