So I turned 26 about a few weeks ago, and I don’t think I’m at a point where I could write ’26 things I learned whilst being 26″ as it’s way too soon and I don’t think it would be substantially different to the post I wrote about being 25, so instead I’m taking a selfish route with todays post and writing things you might not know about me because that’s how daily blogs work – not every post can be a meaningful expose on an aspect of society. 🙂
I was going to write 26 things, but I couldn’t think of that many things that I wanted to reveal to the internet. So I settled for eleven, since that’s a good number.. right?
- I couldn’t cry whilst watching anything no matter how sad until I was 19. (There’s a story behind it, but I doubt I’ll write about it).
- I really struggle reading between the lines when it comes to most things. I can fake knowing things now, but some things just go beyond my brain.
- I can’t grow my nails long or have fake nails because the idea of dirt collecting under them freaks me out.
- Despite being a clean freak I only really care about my own personal space, unless you’re my sibling I honestly don’t care about your mess (unless it intertwines with mine).
- I used to have 5 tea spoons of sugar in my tea, I only cut this down to 3 in the past few years.
- I hate giving music recommendations because I’ve not been in the loop of the music world for over a decade and mostly spend time in my own little dungeons of music obsessions.
- As much as I love to nerd out, I do prefer nerding out in small groups.
- I’m 26 and I’ll still spend all my money on a good plushie.
- Although I love video games, I don’t think I’ll ever get the hype behind FIFA, I get bored.
- Looking people in the eye for a long period of time is a skill I still haven’t achieved.
- The real reason I don’t wear a lot of hand/arm related jewellery is because my hands/wrists are freakishly small.