I don’t mean to toot my own horn but I’ve written a lot of posts dedicated to each and every milestone and it’s mainly because every time I reach one I am shocked. I can’t stress this enough, I didn’t think I’d make it past three months, and that was just to be nice to my own self, but now we’re on day 300 and it’s honestly shocking.
I feel like this daily blogging challenge started as a way for me to write again because my creative soul was killed off by my day job and my mental health was fucking awful, so I thought – let’s do something super challenging publicly because what’s the worst that can happen, and honestly I’m happy I started this.
It’s taught me many things like:
- I can actually find time in my life to focus on my own creative projects.
- I have more motivation and discipline than I give myself credit for.
- I do love writing, but I’m not a good writer, and I can admit that wholeheartedly.
- Writing is really good for my mental health, because it gives me a nice little escape from the crazy world we live in.
- People are really supportive, like honestly, each and every one of you who take time to read these posts and give support are actual rays of sunshine.
- Even at my laziest, pride will force me to stick to my promises.
I feel like as a whole this project has helped me get through 2019, it hasn’t been easy but having something to focus on and a set goal has really grounded me. I do genuinely enjoy this, but don’t expect a daily blog challenge next year – WRITING EVERY DAY IS SOMEWHAT STRESSFUL.
65 days to go b*tches!