As per the last 200 days of this challenge I’ve reached the point where I can’t write about a lot of the deep things I want to, so you’re getting sarcastic Fatima for now. Why? You didn’t ask, because it’s a Friday and honestly as much as I do love Fridays, the fact that we wait for the end of the working week to be happy is something that gets to me.
It’s weird, I know, and I am a massive hypocrite who loves Fridays, but I’m also aware of how weirdly toxic it is to spend most of the week waiting for the weekend to hit. You’re essentially wasting half of your life dreading your actual life, and lifes not forever so the thought process is lowkey, high-key extremely toxic.
So instead of exploring and unpacking that notion more, I’m just going to take the piss out of our culture of waiting for the weekend and the last working day of the week, because it is a Friday and the week has been long. So let’s go on this parody journey together and really look at what the Friday feeling is like. 🙂
- Waking up and realising that you’ll be able to sleep for the next two days.
- Friday turn up sessions – always a good plan, unless you’re not 18-21, then maybe plan to spend your weekend hungover and hating Friday ‘You’.
- 7 AM, waking up in the morning,Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs, Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal (cereal)…
- Being able to take off your work facade at the end of the day with (hopefully) no consequence.
- Waiting the whole week for the moment of pure bliss to realise that you do this every week and maybe you should reevaluate how you view the work week as a whole because you’re a cog in a machine, and you aren’t even a happy one.
Was the last one too much of a personal attack against you?
TGIF people 🙂