I have written a lot of extensive posts about self care, how to practice it at home, at work and lots of helpful tips about it, but nows the time for a post about some signs that you need to spend some time focusing on your own mental health. I may or may not have already written about it, but I know for a fact that I have some newer thoughts on it since my last post.
Self care doesn’t have to take a whole day, but it’s always good to spend some time focusing solely on replenishing yourself and your emotional helath, so here are some signs I personally look out for so I know when a good self care session is in need.
- When you run on auto-pilot more than usual.
- Feeling numb to things (ot everything).
- Sleeping problems – this can range from not being able to sleep, to having nightmares and even lots of sleep paralysis.
- Feeling unusually overwhlemed by life, or life events.
- When you just feel sad and aren’t sure why.
- Constant feelings of being anxious (as someone who has never had panic attacks this is a big one I look out for).
- Not wanting to do anything at all.
- Feelings of helplessness or hopelessness.
- When you don’t find joy in the things you love.
- When you haven’t had time to yourself in a hot minute!