As someone who has used public transport for many many years I can say that although it is convenient it comes with a lot of extra hassle that none of us like to deal with. It also has a bad reputation with everyone, no one likes to use the bus or train, but we do it because we have to. Or in my case it’s because I can’t be bothered to learn how to drive, that’s a topic for another day.
So naturally I love a good rant and to complain every now and then, so here’s a lovely list of all of my public transport pet peeves:
- When people stand up in buses and use up all of the space when there are free seats.
- When people do the above on double decker buses, and you fight your way up the stairs, to see even more free seats.
- There’s almost always a free seat – GO FIND THE SEAT!
- People who play music on buses – it’s not 2010 anymore, get some ear phones and keep your music to yourself.
- Some demons upgrade on point 4 and play music through speakers on the bus, not only is this annoying, but I’m pretty sure they were raised by Satan himself.
- When someone is sat on the seat that isn’t a window seat, and you ask them to move up to free a seat, but they just swivel to the side and expect you squeeze through – why are you so lazy? Do you just want booty in your face?
- Men who try to chat you up when you’re clearly listening to music, and keep hollering despite your lack on interest – the fuck you want?
- People who stink on buses – it’s worse when they’re next to you.
- People who fight on buses – go find a street alley with no camera’s like a normal person!
- When a train is packed and everyone is trying to make way, a there’s always that one person who refuses to move – listen fucktart, move!
- Anyone who stares at you on any public transport is already a creeper, and they need to lower their gaze asap.
- Space invaders.
- Leg spreaders.
- Any form of intrusion of my space.
- Anyone who makes passive aggressive comments about someone, look you’re in a major city, it’s the wild wild west out here.
- Although being on the drunk train is funny, it’s scary when you’re on your own, so the rowdy football drunk people make it on this list.
- If you barely know me, let’s not start a full conversation, it’s a pet peeve because I like to mentally prepare for the day/unwind from the day.
- People who cough/sneeze without covering their mouths – this isn’t just specific to public transport and anyone who does this wasn’t raised right.
I feel like this list could go on forever, so I’ll stop for now, just so there could be a possible part two in the future.